For Sale: 1986 Hydra Sports Vector 2500 CC Kevlar (Re-power) $10,500 OBO

I'm selling my 1986 Hydra Sports Vector 2500 CC Kevlar with twin Johnson 140 VRO 2-Stroke Motors for $10,500 OBO. The hull is in excellent condition; no soft spots. I bought the boat a couple years ago, and have been restoring it, but have an opportunity to buy a buddy's Bluewater that has already been repowered, so I'm selling her before I finished re-powering it. 

The Hydrasport comes with the trailer I bought it on (has four new tires) and all the pieces I removed that were going to be replaced with better equipment. I had plans to put a t-top with rocket launchers (gunnel outriggers are still in place and I have them), a leaning post with cooler drawer (have original captain's chairs and seat covers), and to close the transom (have original splash guard with rod holders). I was then going to mount an Armstrong bracket and replace the transom-mounted 140s with a single Suzuki 300 with fly-by-wire steering. Note: I have the original windshield, but was going to install Eisenglass on the t-top.

The hull has been taken care of and is absolutely rock solid. The hatches are all solid (the gas tank hatch has been replaced). I replaced the fuel tank, it's been tarred, sealed, and foamed into place. It hasn't even had its first gallon of gas poured into it. I replaced all of the fuel lines. I replaced every single inch of electrical wire, installed LED lights under the gunnels, and new navigation/aft lights. I replaced the entire fuse panel and rewired all of it. I installed a new buss under the console, as well as an amplifier and bluetooth enabled radio. Also, new UHF/VHF radio has been installed.

I had plans to finish the boat this year and get her out as the fishing machine she should be. The motors were serviced about 6 months ago. We did new impellers, cleaned the carbs, and replaced all of the spark plugs, etc. We ironed out all of the old, electrical gremlins, and installed new harnesses and starters. But I don't trust any 30 year old motor with my life. They do fire up, and they do have good compression, but this boat is being sold for someone who wants to finish restoring this boat and repower it to fish exactly how they want.

The kevlar-reinforced hulls are rock solid, extremely heavy up-front, and make great boats for South Florida. They've even been called the "Poor Man's Regulator". If you have any questions or would like to come see the boat, please email me or text me. 5613202149 or 86hydrasports@gmail.com. I'm located in West Palm Beach, FL

Views: 41

Attachments:

Reply to This

Newest Members

Private docks perfect for accommodating your large vessels and mega-yachts.

Boater's resource to the best boating in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale & Palm Beach with upcoming boat events & boating destinations.

Latest Activity

Other Local Sites

Boating in Florida
Not located near Broward County? Find a local BoatFlorida.com site near you!

Broward Area Fuel Prices

Limited Amount of Advertising is available. Please contact us for more details.

Follow BoatFlorida on Twitter

© 2017   Created by Rusty.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact us  |  Terms of Service